Thursday, December 24, 2009

Craft: Christmas Decoration

A Christmas Craft.

I wanted to make a simple decoration to set on the table for the holiday brunch and Christmas dinner that we are hosting.

A PDF with the red and green patterns can be found at the bottom of this post.

I had a bunch of battery-operated tea lights so I decided to put them to use and this is what I made.




Here you can see the difference with one light off and one on. The battery-operated tea lights that I used flicker and it looked really neat.

A few close ups.


 I made the paper designs in publisher. In a landscape document I split the page into three sections. After finding various images (Santa, stocking, Christmas lights, a tree and an ornament) and repeated the image across the document in each section. I also created lines in red and green and used different line settings. Explaining things in words is not my forte so maybe this picture will help. :-)

I was able to make six candle covers per page. I cut along the light gray lines and then cut each strip in half.

I trimmed down the paper as I taped it around the candle. To get the paper around the candle I just rolled the paper around the candle and taped the edges on the inside.

It only took tape and two pieces of paper - a very cheap decoration since I already had the tea lights.

They were a hit at our holiday brunch. :-)

Supplies: Paper, battery operated tea-lights, tape, scissors/paper cutter
Cost: $0 (I already had all of the supplies)

Updated 1.12.2010
You can download a PDF for these candle wraps!

2 comments:

  1. This is brilliant! I have to remember this for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it for other holidays too - I was thinking about making some cute ones for Valentine's day. :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...