Thursday, August 19, 2010

Wrapped Wine Bottles

I had some hemp twine that I wanted to use for a crafty item. After seeing some other bloggers wrap twine around a wine bottle I decided to give it a try. Since I had the hemp twine, hot glue and wine bottle this turned out to be a super cheap (free!) craft. :-)



Supplies:
-Wine bottle
-Hot glue gun and glue
-Rope, twine, hemp, etc.


First I soaked the wine bottle in warm water and removed the label.

To glue on the twin I started at the bottom of the bottle and worked my way up.  I put down some glue, put the twine over it, put down more glue, etc. etc.

When I got to the top of the bottle I coiled the twin in a circle as I glued it down. I left a hole in the middle and cut the twine and put the end in the circle (held by a small amount of glue).

The thick hemp twin was super quick and I think I finished the bottle in one episode of Arrested Development.
I found some thin twine at home too so decided to make another bottle. I didn't take any photos during the process since it was done the same way as the first one. The only difference was that it took longer (about two episodes of Arrested Development :-).

Here are the finished bottles side by side. I could have made the twine tighter but I liked that you can see the bottle through the cracks. The bottle on the right is green and it looks neat with a little green peeking through.
 Here they are sitting in our wet bar area. I love my new globe cork holder and I think the bottles look nice next to it. I think I might make a third one with a smaller bottle and maybe a different type of twine.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...