Thursday, June 9, 2011

Bunting, Circle Garland y Mini Papel Picado

Mini papel picado!

Supplies:
Fancy paper punch
Card stock
Sewing machine

To go with the papel picado theme I wanted to make mini papel picado for the cake. Since it would be too hard to cut tiny folded tissue paper I decided to just use card stock and a fancy paper punch. 

I punched the pattern around the edges of the card stock. 
And then cut the paper into 1 inch strips.
Then I cut that into 1 1/2 inch rectangles. I sewed them together, tied the ends to chopsticks and put it on the cake.

Bunting and circle garland!

Supplies:
Paper (cut into circles or triangles)
Sewing machine

To make the house more festive I wanted to make some simple bunting and circle garland to hang in various rooms.
First I cut out the shapes. I made three kinds.

I cut out triangles for bunting...
...and circles for the circle garland. For this I did two styles - some with random sized circles and some where the circles were all the same size.
Then I got to work sewing them together. I measured some areas to see how long I needed the strand to be. As I sewed the circles I didn't space them all equally apart because (especially with the random sized circles) I thought it looked neat to have them randomly spaced. For the bunting I tried to keep them evenly spaced. That didn't always work out but it still looks nice.
Done sewing! (I spread the sewing out over a few nights - I'd sew a few strands each night so I wasn't trapped in the hot craft attic for an entire noche).

Ready for the party!
Random sized circles.

Bunting

oneprettything

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...